Rural Jump Start Program
Applications are being Accepted Now!
Montrose County received the Rural Jump-Start Zone designation in May 2016. Under the Rural Jump-Start program, specific tax relief can be granted to qualifying new businesses and new hires of these businesses that are located in a Jump-Start designated Zone, such as Montrose County, and align with local or regional state higher education institutions.
The Rural Jump-Start Program offers to Eligible Businesses 8 years of:
- "0" state income taxes.
- "0" state sales and local sales & use tax.
- "0" county and municipal personal property taxes.
- "0" state income taxes for your employees.
A start-up company new to the State of Colorado or a Colorado based business ready to expand may qualify for Jump-Start Montrose County if it:
- Generates new business in the State of Colorado. Your product, service or technology has to be new to Colorado, even if your company is not.
- Is located in Montrose County.
- Is not substantially similar in operation to, or directly competes with the core function of another business currently operating in Colorado.
- Creates a minimum of 5 net new jobs in Montrose County.
- Adds to the economic base in Montrose County, while exporting goods and services out of the area.